Subject: 5.0 surfaces, Lightwave for 500 please, Alex.
From: "Kent Nelson" <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 14:05:46 -0700

I know that 5.0 will allow us to use several bump maps on a 
surface, but does it let us use crust or veins under the bump map 
panel.  There are time when they would be very useful.

By the way,  has anyone noticed the way crust and veins sometimes 
appear to be both sticking out and then depressed depending on the 
surface.  I have a tunnel that the camera flies through with crust on 
its inside.  Some of the bulges look like they are protruding and 
others look like craters.  Is there a solution to this?

Thanks,

 _________________________________________________
                                KENT NELSON
 
                           Obligatory pythy quote
         "This film is basically pro-humanity and anti-bad things."
              John Cleese on directing "Scott of the Antarctic"
 _________________________________________________